Office requirements vary greatly depending on the size and type of company occupying the business premises. New builds tend to offer modern, open plan space with air conditioning as standard, while town centre and older buildings are often cellular but boast original & unique features.
With 27 years commercial sales & letting experience, Deriaz Slater has
seen both ends of the spectrum and everything in between in offices across the Thames Valley & M40 corridor.
Using local examples, we’ve listed some of the benefits open plan and cellular offices offer businesses and employees:
Marlow Place is a grand building just off Marlow High Street. With high ceilings, full room height windows, interconnecting rooms, narrow staircases and beautiful mouldings over multiple floors, this building has a cavernous but elegant feel. Recently let, the quirky, unique features perfectly suit the environment required for the new creative marketing tenants.
Just a stone throw away at Globe Park, Marlow, hundreds of businesses occupy modern open plan offices. 3 Globeside currently has 4,285 sq ft available and offers a sleek reception, glass frontage & no dividing walls creating the perfect setting for a busy office hub.
Both examples present superb office space but are opposites in terms of layout and design.
Benefits of Open Plan Offices:
- more sociable and less isolated, encouraging colleagues to work as a team and
communicate verbally rather than by email, making it easier to keep on top of any changes in day to day business news and activities.
- generally cheaper and easier to maintain than private offices. Particularly in terms of temperature control and efficient use of building space – making them a cost effective option.
- staff reorganisation is easier and quicker to implement
Benefits of Cellular Offices:
- private & quiet space for employees. Particularly useful for businesses dealing with confidential files, transactions & client conversations.
- personalisation of desk space can take place without offending colleagues
- plenty of break out space for meetings & brainstorming
- can often contain original or unusual building features creating a unique environment to work in
From call centres, newsrooms, design studios, software developers and even the team at Deriaz Slater – there is an office solution for all requirements.
- Do you have a great office environment?
- How could your office be improved?
« Back to News & Blog